Clay has been used for many years in the beauty routine of women and today there are many different colors and each with a benefit. THE White clay It is the most common and one of the most popular benefits of its use is the stimulation of collagen in the skin. Learn more about this type of clay, what it is used for, and how to properly use the product at home.
What is white clay?
White clay is also known in the market as kaolin clay. It is a natural product, which is formed near the banks of rivers and in contact with clay with rainwater. Depending on the region of where it was born, when it comes in contact with other natural substances, they may have different colors, including shades of pink, red or yellow.
+ Clay soap: know the types, their benefits, advice for use and where to buy
The texture of this clay is very fine, in a soft powder to the touch. Besides its use in cosmetics, this type of clay is the raw material of objects such as dishes, porcelain, tiles and plaster. It is currently marketed in two forms, the natural powder and the preparation must be done at home or in ready-to-use cosmetics, in the form of a moisturizing mask.
You may also like
What is it for and the advantages
According to the British portal UK Beauty Room, white clay is rich in silica, a very important mineral for stimulating the skin’s collagen. It is also composed of manganese and magnesium, a natural anti-inflammatory and beneficial for the skin. The PH of white clay is also similar to that of natural skin, so it can be used by all skin types. All these properties provide these advantages:
for the skin
- It stimulates the collagen in the skin, prevents premature aging and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines;
- Because it contains anti-inflammatory properties, it helps control acne and helps dry up pimples. It also reduces the redness caused by acne;
- Because it has a PH similar to that of natural skin, it hydrates the most sensitive skin and, therefore, it is hypoallergenic;
- Thanks to its absorption power, white clay eliminates all impurities from the face;
- Lightens facial imperfections;
- Eliminates dead cells by stimulating cell renewal.
- An excellent tonic for nails and hair, preventing nail breakage and hair loss;
- Helps in the blood circulation of the roots, stimulating hair growth;
- It sucks up excess oil from the root, helping to control the oil, being a great ally as a dry shampoo or regular shampoo.
+ Red clay: Discover the benefits and learn how to use it
How to use white clay on the face
The most common way to use pure white clay on the face is to mix it with powder. The powder is sold in health food stores and can be found on the Internet.
- First of all, you have to make the clay mask so mix 1 tablespoon of powder with a little water;
- The mixture should be pasty;
- With a clean face, apply the clay over the entire length and leave on for 15 minutes;
- After this period, simply remove with cold running water.
This hydrating and cleansing mask can be used twice a week and for all skin types.
How to use white clay in hair
There are two ways to use clay on your hair, the first as a paste in the shower and the second as a dry shampoo.
In the bath
- On the hair, the mixture is the same as above, make a paste with the powder of your clay and apply it on the hairline;
- Leave on for 15 minutes then remove with a stream of water;
- It is not necessary to use the shampoo afterwards, only finish with a conditioner at the ends.
In dry shampoo
- To remove oil from hair and look clean, simply apply a small amount of powder where you want to remove the oil;
- Comb your hair so that it does not turn white and wait for the strands to “suck” the product;
- It’s done, your hair will look like it has just come out of the shower.
The best products on the market
Cosmetic companies have realized the power of white clay and created specific products with this natural raw material. Check out the best white clay hydration masks and the values for each:
Botik White Clay Purifying Face Mask – 71.90 BRL
- Garden mask – whitening white clay – 92.00 BRL
- Chronos Purifying Clay Mask – 99.90 BRL
- Hidrabene revitalizing clay mask – 41.09 BRL
- Lancôme pure purifying face mask – 220.15 BRL
Who can use it?
Clay is a natural product and can be used by any type of skin, especially white, which is thinner and closer to the natural pH of the skin. But if you notice any redness, itching, or any other side effects, stop use immediately.
+ Pineapple peel tea improves skin and boosts immunity
Author : Platinum Delux